2021 Season Updates
Updates about the upcoming 2021 season will be posted here as they become available
April 20, 2021
It has been great to see our older kids out in the fields and participating in the spring training sessions - and we are looking forward to having our instructional kids out there soon as well! A HUGE thank you to the division coordinators who have worked to put the sessions together and to everyone who has stepped up to help out with coaching and keeping everyone organized.
At this point, we have no new information from the province, AHS or Little League Alberta about our season. We are still not authorized to play games, and as you all know, we are limited to socially distanced groups of 10 for training/practice sessions only. That said we are hopeful that in a few weeks we will be able to move forward again and get a season off the ground and running - even if the timelines are a little different than what we are used to.
As such, we are now asking everyone to go back into TeamSnap and complete your registration - including payment. Completing registration allows us to do several things including creating teams with kids at the same skill level, it allows us to better communicate with everyone - both at a team level and at a league level - and it helps us to better understand which families and players are still interested in participating in baseball this season.
Should we get to a point where we realize that a season with game play is not possible, or if we are allowed to open things up and then we are shut down again, we will issue pro-rated refunds to families at the end of the season.
The registration system will be opened from Tuesday April 20, 2021 to Friday April 23, 2021 at midnight.
Please ensure that if you are planning to participate this season, that you complete your registration before end of day Friday as we need to finalize numbers ahead of evaluations on the weekend. If your player is not fully registered by the deadline then we will remove them from the system and we will assume that you are no longer interested in playing this year.
January 29, 2021
Currently, we don't have a lot of information on what things will look like in the Spring. Nevertheless, FHLL Board and Executive committee have decided to go ahead and plan for a 2021 Little League season, knowing that we may need to adjust/pivot based on the latest health and regulatory directives in place a few months from now.
As many of you know, we were able to have a modified “grass roots” Spring/summer season for our older players last year and we have decided to take some of the learnings from that season and apply them to how we operate the League this year, given the continued uncertainty around rules/ regulations for sports activities and group gatherings as well as the need to be as flexible and adaptable as possible.
As such, we will be opening pre-registration on January 30th for all divisions and want to highlight a few key differences/changes to both our approach to the season and to registration:
- In order to keep our registration fees as low as possible and to ensure that we can be flexible/adaptable, we will not be holding opening or closing ceremonies and we will not be doing individual team photos.
- As the timing of the Spring season remains uncertain, we will be asking you to pre-register your player(s) in advance, but we will not be asking for payment at this time. Please ensure that you fill out the waivers and other information then stop at the payment screen. Once we have approval and have landed on timing to go ahead with the season, we will ask you to go back into the Team Snap system and complete your registration by making payment. Once payment has been made, we will be able to roster your player and assign them to a team.
- We will be going ahead with registration for all age levels at this time, but reserve the right to change our approach/decisions based on the latest health regulations at the time, and in order to provide as safe an experience for all of our players, coaches, umpires and families as possible.
- We will not be asking for a volunteer deposit this year, however, we will be asking for a volunteer role commitment at registration. We expect that parents will help with pitch counting, practice drills, score keeping etc. as required at the team level, but that families also commit to volunteering at the league level.
- For our Minors and Majors age players, we do not know if evaluations will go ahead this year or not. Further information about evaluations will be provided as we learn more and look ahead to March/April timing.
To register your player please click the following link 2021 FHLL Pre-Registration