Qualified umpires are an important part of ensuring safety, competitiveness, consistency, and fairness in our league. Foothills Little League needs to supply umpires for Seniors, Juniors, Majors/Nationals and Minors levels. Last season we provided umpires to cover over 150 games.
Foothills will continue to pay premium rates to its Level 1/2/3 umpires. Umpires should have a good knowledge of baseball, be at least 12 years old, and must have taken at least a Level 1 umpire training course.
Parents are strongly encouraged to take up umpiring. We are in need of older umpires for our Junior and Senior games and umpiring is great exercise and a fun way to be involved in the game.
District 3 Umpire Clinic Info
Intermediate and Senior Umpire Clinic
Registration link will be available on the Alberta District 3 Umpires website (top right corner):
New and 1st/2nd Year Umpire Clinic
FHLL is hosting beginner umpire clinic on May 2, 2020 at Triwood Communitiy Center. There is no charge to attend but space is limited. Please, register below to secure your spot.
FHLL provides the basic equipment and an umpire shirt for our umpires however you will need to provide the following:
- a protective cup or jill
- heather or charcoal grey pants
- black socks
- black belt
- black shoes (steel toed recommended for higher levels)
Umpire Expectations for FHLL
FHLL Umpires are considered some of the best in District 3 and are in high demand from other associations. In order to maintain that reputation our umpires are expected to:
- arrive at their game a minimum of 20 minutes prior to start and notify the home team coach 15 minutes prior to start that they are in attendance
- conduct the plate meeting 5 minutes before game start time
- maintain a level of professionalism and control at all times
- be impartial at all times
- study the rule book and continue to learn
- work as a team to make sure the right call is made.